Thursday, September 6, 2012

VIDEO: WILLOW x A/W 2012 - MONARCH MOVEMENT | VOGUE AUSTRALIA

Film by: Mike Sixty + Jacob Migicovsky.


The essence of anything in Life, including Life itself, lies at its source, within its building blocks - its foundation - its production. To know me, is to know that I thoroughly enjoy the employment of a keen attention to detail in a manner that transcends quality in style and presentation. That, and more, is precisely what this short fashion film is comprised of - behind the scenes footage featuring Willow's A/W 2012 collection for VOGUE Australia. As much as I enjoy indulging in the finished product, I have to admit that one is much more inclined to develop appreciation after having seen the efforts that were put behind it.

Just in case you aren't familiar with Sydney-based designer, Kit Podgornik of Willow's A/W 2012 collection titled, "[The] Monarch Movement", let me provide you with the bit of insight. First, I'd just like to add how captivating the title is and how the underlying concept goes on to amplify it all the more. The basis of the collection, as I have gathered, is set upon the realization of the parallelism between "humans have markings through textiles, just as butterflies do," says Kit. I think that is just absolutely brilliant. I am enthralled by designers who make the conscious decision to infuse that element of Humanity and nature in their work.

To see the finished product, click here. To learn more about the Willow line and brand, click here. Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment